Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions regarding voting:

How do I register to vote? You may register to vote in person at the township office or at any Secretary of State office. You may also register by mail, with forms available at, however, some restrictions may apply. There is no fee to register.

Who is eligible to vote? In order to vote you must be: a citizen of the United States, a resident of the State of Michigan (and will be at least a 30-day resident of your city or township by election day), a registered voter, and 18 years of age on or before election day.

Military and Overseas Civilian Voters? Special services are provided to assist military and overseas civilian voters participate in elections. If you are a military or overseas civilian voter who is eligible to vote in Michigan or to find out additional information, please visit, or,  or contact the clerk at (231) 582-1033 Ext. 1.

How do I get an absent voter ballot? 
Absent Voter (AV) ballots are available to all voters for all elections. AV ballots allow voters to cast a ballot without being present in the polls on election day. To request an absent voter ballot for an upcoming election, call the Clerk at (231) 582-1033 Ext 1 (please leave a message if no answer) and you will be mailed an application. You may also click the following link to print an  AV Ballot application. The application must be returned to the clerk by email:,  fax: (866) 998-1922, text (231) 675-7414, or USPS mail: Wilson Township Clerk, 01701 Fall Park Rd, Boyne City, MI 49712.

Permanent Absent Voter List
The Wilson Township clerk maintains a list of voters who will automatically receive an application to request an Absent Voter (AV) ballot for every election. The applications are automatically mailed four to six weeks prior to every election. Voters must complete, sign and return the application by the deadline in order to have an absent voter ballot sent to them. If the voter doesn't wish to receive a ballot for a specific election, they don’t return the application.

If you wish to be added to the Wilson Township Permanent Absent Voter List, contact the Wilson Township Clerk.